Topic: default Home page issue [SOLVED]

I followed the instructions in the Guide for changing the Showkase Home Page but when browsing am defaulting to the page with Nav Order=1 instead of the page with Nav Order=0

studiosaid.com

Maybe this pertains to the fact that I haven't been using "Publish?" My pages have been updating just fine by clicking the Update button so I haven't bothered to Publish.

Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject(s).

PS(I'm getting warnings when I enter a link into this posting, both when entering plain text or when typing with the BBCode tag)

Re: default Home page issue [SOLVED]

Maybe this pertains to the fact that I haven't been using "Publish?" My pages have been updating just fine by clicking the Update button so I haven't bothered to Publish.

You really need to click 'Publish' (after making any changes and clicking 'Update') in order for all web pages to be rebuilt and saved and to reflect the changes you have made.
Hopefully this will solve your problem.

PS(I'm getting warnings when I enter a link into this posting, both when entering plain text or when typing with the BBCode tag)

What exactly are the warnings you've been seeing?
The forum software should allow you to include links in all but your very first post.

Alas, Publishing did not solve the first problem.

But posting a link to this Forum seems to be working now ;-)

StudioSaid

The issue is that the Showkase site www.studiosaid.com defaults to a Gallery Index Page with Nav Order #1, instead of the List Viewer Page I created specifically for this purpose, with Nav Order #0. This browsing on a Mac in Firefox v41, Safari v5.1, and Chrome v45, as well as IOS.

This behavior is contrary to the description in the User Guide:

The home page is the first item in the showkase menu. Decide which page type you want to use, create the page and change the Nav order setting in the customize screen to zero. This will move it to the top of the list. If you change your mind then move another page to the top of the list by changing the nav order settings.

I think the problem may be that your home page is hidden from the Showkase site navigation. Select 'Show in Nav' (under 'Site Navigation') and the page should appear as your home page.

Alternatively, if you want the page to remain hidden from the navigation but still want it to appear when visitors to your site go to your root Showkase directory, then you could edit the 'showkase/index.php' file in a plain text editor and change line 125 from:

if (!isset($pageData['navShow']))    $pagesData[$ref]['navShow'] = 'true';

... to:

$pagesData[$ref]['navShow'] = 'true';

The line number above refers to the current version of Showkase (v1.4.0.1).

Steven, you are a Wizard!

Yes, I've wanted to keep the Nav as uncluttered as possible and therefore made it hidden.

I implemented your suggestion and it works like a charm.

Kudos

I'm glad it worked.
Thanks for letting me know.