Topic: Juicebox Pro not updating in Showkase with new jbcore folder [SOLVED]

Greetings,

I followed the instructions to install the new hotfix 1.4.4.2 on my server by replacing the jbcore folder... but the Juicebox-Pro version number has not updated in Showkase v1.4.0's  Site>CustomizeViewers

Is this normal? I'd expect this info to update when I logout and log back in.

Thx

Re: Juicebox Pro not updating in Showkase with new jbcore folder [SOLVED]

Yes, this is fine (for this new release).
The only change in the v1.4.4.2 release (from v1.4.4.1) is to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (the desktop application) which now includes the required meta viewport tag in the gallery's 'index.html' file.
The core Juicebox files (in the 'jbcore' folder) remain the same as in the v1.4.4.1 release so the internal version of Juicebox-Pro is still v1.4.4.1.
For more information on the new Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.2 release, please see this blog entry.

Thanks Steven,

I must be harboring a misconception. I thought that in order to take advantage of the ios9-savvy meta viewport tag, I'd have to republish the galleries in either JuiceboxBuilder-Pro or, more centrally, by updating in Showkase with the Juicebox Pro Viewer.

If I understand you correctly, the two methods are not identical in gallery creation or updating. To incorporate the new meta viewport tag, I must republish in JBPro.

Grateful as always for your support and illumination.

The meta viewport tag is required only for a full-browser gallery where the gallery has dimensions of 100% x 100% and is the only content on the page.
In Juicebox Gallery Pages within Showkase, Showkase usually has other content on the page (such as the header and the footer) and Showkase already includes a meta viewport tag in every page (even in Juicebox Gallery Pages under the Gallery Manager theme which displays only the gallery and no other content).
Therefore, all Juicebox v1.4.4.1 galleries within Showkase v1.4.0.1 should display fine in iOS 9.

(The meta viewport tag which is currently used for Juicebox Gallery Pages under the Gallery Manager theme will work fine in iOS 9 but it is not the full tag recommended in our recent blog entry. This should be addressed for the next version of Showkase.)

Understood. Thank you for clearing up my misconception.
Please mark this matter solved

Thank you for clearing up my misconception.

You're welcome.

Please mark this matter solved

Will do!