Topic: Question before buying Showkase Pro Bundle

Hello...

I've planned to buy Showkase Pro Viewer Bundle but before i have some questions.

My hobby are Photos...

Currently i have a CMS running. It's good... but not what i really wanted.. Showkase looks like what i'm searching.
The current CMS has some features what i like and would like to have it also in Showkase. I hope some of these are possible:

* Can i make an Album like "2012" and below some other albums? So that the user can choose if they want to view the Photos of 2012 or 2013 and then they can choose an specific album? Because i have a lot of albums currently. And each year there will be like 30 or 40 new albums.

*Are there some restrictions about the amount of Albums?

*Can i make an album with password protection?

*What type of statistics are possible?

*Are there Logfiles available?

* Can i link to a specific album? I mean, currently i create an album in my CMS and then i post the link directly to the album on Facebook. So everybody can directly view the Photos and it's not necessary to browse through the different albums?

*Can i check or try some of these features on the demo sites?

I hope you can help me with my questions.

Thanks and best regards

Re: Question before buying Showkase Pro Bundle

* Can i make an Album like "2012" and below some other albums? So that the user can choose if they want to view the Photos of 2012 or 2013 and then they can choose an specific album? Because i have a lot of albums currently. And each year there will be like 30 or 40 new albums.

You could, for example, choose to have a Gallery Index page named '2012' and another Gallery Index page named '2013', with each index page containing as many galleries as you wish.

*Are there some restrictions about the amount of Albums?

No. You can include as many galleries as you like within a Showkase installation. The only limitation is that it is possible to have only one gallery per page.

This can be achieved using .htaccess and .htpasswd files on your web server to protect individual pages (each of which is given a separate directory on your web server).

*What type of statistics are possible?

Google Analytics support will be included in the next version of Showkase.

*Are there Logfiles available?

Your server log files should hopefully provide you with any information you may require.

* Can i link to a specific album? I mean, currently i create an album in my CMS and then i post the link directly to the album on Facebook. So everybody can directly view the Photos and it's not necessary to browse through the different albums?

Yes. You can link directly to a gallery's web page within Showkase.

*Can i check or try some of these features on the demo sites?

Yes. Showkase Site Demos and a Live Demo Admin section (where you can try the Showkase admin interface) can be found here.

Thanks for your reply...

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

This can be achieved using .htaccess and .htpasswd files on your web server to protect individual pages (each of which is given a separate directory on your web server).

But there is no integrated security feature? Is there something planed?
Like a simple Usermanagement.

It's also not possible to hide a album or? It should not be visible but accessable.

thanks

But there is no integrated security feature?

That is correct.

Is there something planed?

Not as far as I am aware.

It's also not possible to hide a album or? It should not be visible but accessable.

You could create a page (whether a basic page or a gallery) and then remove the link to that page from all other pages.
You would still be able to access the page itself directly via its own URL.