Topic: Multiple folders on server

I'm finding that certain Showkase folders are being duplicated on my server and I can't figure out why. Some get up to 18 additional copies! Any idea why this would happen? One folder is a Juicebox gallery page and the other is my Contact page. Although in the past this has happened with other folders as well. I've noticed this since I started using Showkase.

Re: Multiple folders on server

I'm not sure what might be causing this but bear in mind that if you import a page or gallery (via 'Site -> Import') Showkase copies the required files (to create a new Showkase page) rather than moves the original files. This might be a possible cause for duplicate folders on your web server.
I can't think of any other reason why folders might be duplicated but I would recommend that you do not store any non-Showkase related files or folders in your Showkase directory. (If you are importing pages of galleries, I would recommend that you upload them to a location outside your Showkase directory before importing them.)
I'm not sure if this will help but it might point you in the right direction.

3 (edited by mrjw34 2015-05-31 03:35:37)

I haven't been importing a page or gallery.
I just went to the dashboard for my site and selected a gallery page that's been duplicating. I went to the Customize tab and hit Update, then Publish (without changing anything). I refreshed the server and found 4 copies of that folder. The folders have everything that the original has, but does not duplicate the images. Doing this ALSO made 2 additional copies of my Contacts page! And I never opened it. Very weird.

Update: I think I figured it out. I had some pages that weren't being publish but were still in my dashboard. I removed these and the problem seems to have gone away. There must have been something in the pages that was causing this.

I think!

I'm glad you've figured it out.
If it happens again, check the permissions on the folders ('System -> Files') in case they are somehow too restrictive resulting in Showkase being unable to move, rename or delete them if necessary (for example when renaming a page or moving a page to the trash).