Topic: Google Mobile Check [SOLVED]

Hello

my Homepage is made with Showkase 1.3.3

I made the google mobile Check with

But i get messages that my site is not mobile ready, things i have no influence on. Will there be a showkase update for that issue?

Thank You Rudi Fischer

Re: Google Mobile Check [SOLVED]

First of all, please try upgrading your Showkase site to the current version (v1.3.6).
This may or may not help with your specific problem but there have been several changes since v1.3.3 (please see the Version History for details) and once you have upgraded, we can be sure that we are not trying to fix a problem from an older version which might already have been addressed.
Instructions for upgrading can be found here.

If this does not help, then please post the URL to your Showkase page (or pages) which fail the Google Mobile-Friendly Test so that I can take a look and investigate further. It would certainly help to know what theme you are using, if you have made any modifications to the theme, what page types (e.g. 'About', 'Juicebox', etc.) fail the test and what custom content you have on the pages.

I have just checked the Sara Lee demo gallery (which uses the Kosel theme) and the ListViewer home page, the Gallery Index Page, the Juicebox pages and the About page all pass the test.
I have also checked the Paul Bica demo gallery (which uses the Boma theme) and all pages in this site pass the test, too.

Once you upgrade your Showkase site and post the URL, I should hopefully be able to help further.
Thank you.

I'm getting a lot of hit and miss results on my Showcase site homepage (djphoto-video.com, as well as all of the other pages on the site. There are times where the Google Mobile Test says all is good and then minutes later it will say "Failed to Fetch the Requested URL". Not sure if the problem lays within Google's tester, the server or the Showkase/Juicebox website. I even get this response from an about us page without a gallery.

Please take a look at a couple pages http://djphoto-video.com/location/, http://djphoto-video.com/product/, http://djphoto-video.com/about-us/ and let me know if you have any idea where the problem may be.

Thanks!

@dennis

I've just run all four of the URLs you provided through the Google Mobile Friendly Test and all passed with the "Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly." message first time with no errors or problems.

There were no problems reported with the web pages themselves and no problems accessing your site in order to run the test.

Maybe there was a temporary glitch with a server (yours or Google's) or a problem somewhere along the line which was responsible for the "Failed to Fetch the Requested URL" message.

It looks like everything is OK at the moment, though.

Great- I was thinking it was okay, but just wanted to make sure... thanks!

You're welcome!
(I've just run all four of your URLs through the Google Mobile Friendly Test just now with no problems once again.)

Hi

i changed the robots.txt . Themes were set to disallow to the crawler. I allowed the crawler to read the _themes directory. Now get an 'mobile Ready' from goggle.

Thanks, Rufi

@rufi62

That's great!
Thank you for posting back to let me know.