Topic: Publishing

Anyone else having an issue with publishing? Just upgraded to pro, the publish was working fine, then now it opens a new window like it's going to publish but never does, and I've got two nav buttons I made that aren't showing up on most of the pages which is a problem. I assume that's because it's not actually publishing but it could be a separate issue. I had a full site built and working with the free version and didn't ever have this issue but started over completely and now my contact page isnt working from the home page. It's a problem. Help ?

Re: Publishing

Please try installing and running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to check that your server has all the features Showkase needs. If any of the tests fail, then it might give us a clue as to the cause of the problem. (Even if you ran the test before installing Showkase, please try again in case your web host has made any changes recently.)

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Showkase (v1.3.6) to ensure that any bugs which were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
If necessary, instructions for upgrading can be found here.

I literally *JUST installed the pro version of showkase and into my server, I took down my entire site and started from scratch. it was publishing fine for a while there, but, still now... it just won't.  I'll run a server test when i get home.  But, unless go daddy changed something during the afternoon yesterday, there's no reason it shouldn't be working.  Really need this site running properly asap though.

Okay, came home, ran the sk test and everything tests fine.  tried again to publish, no luck.  just get a blank page.. and sometimes eventually an error message that it timed out.  And I checked version too, running 1.3.6. still nothing.  I've tried to publish via safari (which i normally use), Firefox and Chrome.  Nada.  when i click on pages individually from my admin they work fine (though some are still missing those last two tabs which i imagine is linked to the publishing issue.) Any help?

If you have just installed Showkase, then try reinstalling it from scratch (to a different directory) in case something happened during the initial upload which has somehow resulted in corrupt or missing files.
If the new Showkase site works fine, then you should be able to import pages from the old Showkase site via the 'Site -> Import' functionality. You can then delete your old Showkase site.

Also, please check the following PHP settings on your web server:
memory_limit
set_time_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

If memory_limit or set_time_limit seem too low (perhaps below PHP default values) or post_max_size is less than upload_max_filesize, then try increasing the values to see if this helps. (Your web host should be able to help you with this.)

You should be able to check your PHP settings as follows:

• Create a new file in a plain text editor with the following code: <?php phpinfo(); ?>

• Save the file with a .php file extension (for example, 'phpinfo.php').

• Upload the file to your web server and open it in a browser.

I hope this helps.

6 (edited by yogid83 2015-03-31 16:39:17)

First, i'm having trouble locating any of those things withing my server (trying to do so through GoDaddy - yes? or should i do this in Fetch? not my area of expertise for sure.)

Then, the new version of showkase was working fine, then it stopped...  so would that still mean there are suddenly corrupted or missing files?

Also, I really don't want to upload any of the old pages, because i completely redesigned the site from what it was before so the pages would have to be redone and published anyway, and it's not publishing any of the changes, although a new page i created yesterday is showing up.  so I'm generally confused/frustrated.

First, i'm having trouble locating any of those things withing my server (trying to do so through GoDaddy - yes? or should i do this in Fetch? not my area of expertise for sure.)

You could check your PHP settings by creating a PHP file (basically just a plain text file with a .php file extension) containing the code <?php phpinfo(); ?>
You would then upload the file to your web server (with your regular FTP program) and open the file (from your web server) in your browser.

Then, the new version of showkase was working fine, then it stopped...  so would that still mean there are suddenly corrupted or missing files?

If it was working fine but now does not, then this certainly suggests that something has changed for this to happen.
Whether it is a corrupt file or a setting on your web server which has changed, I do not know at the moment.

Also, I really don't want to upload any of the old pages, because i completely redesigned the site from what it was before so the pages would have to be redone and published anyway, and it's not publishing any of the changes, although a new page i created yesterday is showing up.  so I'm generally confused/frustrated.

I was suggesting importing older pages (from your original Showkase installation) into a new Showkase installation only if the new Showkase installation was working and publishing pages OK (which would suggest that there was a problem with your original Showkase installation).

I would be happy to investigate further but I would need access to your web server and Showkase site.
If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I will send you a message with an email address where you can forward your FTP and Showkase login details to me. Thank you.

Yes I would be open to you investigating futher from the site/server itself.  My web building knowledge is basic, and i'm a bit lost now.  Jjust want my galleries up.  :)

thanks!

I'll look for the email

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.