Re: Feature Requests

Just updated to juicebox pro 1.3.0
When I upload the jbcore folder to the server, I can't see any changes in showkase's viewer editor (such as vertical and horizontal image alignment, for example), although the admin panel shows "juicebox pro 1.3.0".

Do I have to wait for the next showkase change or is there any chance to implement the new juicebox update?

Thank you,
Andi

The current version of Showkase (v1.0.3) has not yet been updated with the new features available in Juicebox v1.3.0.
Until is it updated, if you would like to incorporate the new features in your Juicebox galleries, you could create a gallery preset file (using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.3.0) and follow the 'Customize Individual Viewers' instructions here.

28 (edited by rkny 2013-09-09 05:11:28)

When editing the order of thumbnails for a page, it would be nice if the thumbnails appeared in the editor as they do in the actual page.  Arranging a long vertical list of thumbnails that live together on a page horizontally doesn't make much sense.  It's also quite tedious to drag a photo from the bottom of a long list to the top.  A grid based editor would be much easier to work with, like Flickr uses.

For the Kosel theme, it would be nice to have the option for rounded corners in the gallery index images.  I am using rounded corners on my thumbnails and main images...the index images have square corners, making them look out of place.

Lastly, a thumbnail crop tool would be very nice.

Really loving Showkase all around!

Thank you for the suggestions.

For the Kosel theme, it would be nice to have the option for rounded corners in the gallery index images.  I am using rounded corners on my thumbnails and main images...the index images have square corners, making them look out of place.

I realise that this is a request for the interface but it can be achieved manually by entering the following code into your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' page:

.type-galleryindex .thumbs img {
    -moz-border-radius: 15px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 15px;
    border-radius: 15px;
}

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions.

I realise that this is a request for the interface but it can be achieved manually by entering the following code into your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' page:

.type-galleryindex .thumbs img {
    -moz-border-radius: 15px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 15px;
    border-radius: 15px;
}

Great.  Thanks.  Added to my index.

Suggestions:

* Allow cols to be set by page, not just sitewide.
* Allow home page to "not" have to be in upper nav. it's redundant, as site logo usually always goes back to home page by custom
* Add support for email forms (prob simple php coding, which is on nearly every server)
* Don't force table borders by default.

I would love to see a way to display the file names. I bought this beautiful template to publish my photoshoots so customers can order photos by telling me the numbers. As far as I can see the only way to do this is type it in manually :-(
Any suggestions? Thanks.

@iblauw

After uploading images for a gallery, go to the 'Images' tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the 'Select all captions' checkbox, enter {file} in the 'Set selected to:' text field and click the 'Set' button.
This will set all image captions to be the filenames.

Please see the 'Editing Individual Captions' section in the Pages Menu support section for further details of other special codes which can be used for the image titles and captions.

Currently the galleries can be navigated in a single dimension i.e. left-right. It could be interesting to add one more navigation direction e.g. up-down. A use case for this approach: lef-right navigation is used to navigate between the index pictures of various galleries while up-down navigation is used to navigate between the pictures within a certain gallery. This would enable a very clean display setup where always only one picture is displayed, but would also enable easy navigation within a broad list of galleries (portfolio).

Let me start by saying this program is pretty great!  Once I got through the technical hurdles of getting it to play nice with my hosting, the ease of the UI has been a dream.  There are a few things I would really love to see or if you can give me the code I would need to insert etc, that would be great. 

-  The ability to upload custom thumbnails.   -as an artist, I really would like to create custom thumbnails for galleries rather than the auto thumbnails it generates that don't look quite how I would like.  I tried simply copying over ftp a custom .jpg and editing the link in the .html but it for some reason caused some errors and the page got messed up.    But being able to do all that in the showkase program UI would be great, so I could just upload custom thumbnails and assign the links etc...in a gallery page.

-  Being able to set up Mouseover/mouseout  events.   I would love in the case of a list gallery being able to have mouseover on the images in the list, just simple image swaps on mouseover.

- being able to nest galleries inside of other galleries.   (but this one is a minor request)

That's all I Can think of for now.   This is really a great package you've put out, and I hope to see it update and grow and become even more robust over time.

Thanks!

@cvleest

Thank you for the suggestions!

The ability to upload custom thumbnails.

I understand your request to be able to do this within the Showkase interface but, currently, you might be able to do this as follows:
(1) Upload the image you want to use as your gallery thumbnail along with all the other images in the gallery.
(2) Go to the 'Images' tab and select the image as the 'Index' image for the gallery.
(3) Edit the gallery's XML file in a plain text editor to remove this image from the gallery itself by deleting the corresponding <image> entry.
(The gallery's XML file can be found inside the gallery page's folder in the root Showkase directory.)

This should work OK but please bear in mind that if the gallery is edited/updated within Showkase, the XML file will be rebuilt and you will need to do Step #3 above again.

Definitely one of the coolest image browsers out there.  Great Work!!

I've noticed on "list viewer gallery"
when you scroll down to an image that you like, then turn the mobile device to landscape mode, it loses your place in the images. Is there an option that works to keep it on the same image?

Here is a website that uses a similar list viewer gallery:
fengzhudesign.com
On this site. when you turn the mobile device into landscape mode, it stays on the image. This works whether in portrait (holding mobile device upright), or landscape (holding mobile device sideways).

Its not a huge deal, but if you have come across this when designing it, it would be cool to get it working.

Thanks,
John

I have a few suggestions:

1. The ability to select the order of subpages by gragging and dropping, just as it is done with selecting the order of images. This is much easier than typing numbers to all the galleries only to change their order.

2. A green dot/dots or a tick in the admin pages view which informs which pages are visible in nav and index pages.

Thanks for your suggestions.

We intend to add drag and drop ordering of pages in a future version. However it's a little complicated because some pages are children of other pages so it may be a while before we work out a solution that's simple for the user and works in all cases.

Pages hidden in the nav are shown in a paler blue color in the admin pages screen. At the moment there is no indication of hiding in the index pages – we'll take a look at that.

Nested galleries

According to the User Guide:

There is only one level of grouping – a child page cannot be the parent of another group.

Are there any plans to implement nested galleries in a future version?

This is kind of a showstopper for us.

Thanks

@siriusgregg

Are there any plans to implement nested galleries in a future version?

Unfortunately, not that I am aware of.

However, thank you for posting your suggestion in the Feature Requests thread where it will be seen by the developers.

Please allow for the option of having all navigation appear on all pages in the Kosel theme. As it is right now only the parent areas in a navigation tree appear on pages that aren't children of those parents. For instance if I have:

Area1 Area2

as parent items, and:

Sub1 Sub2 Sub3

As Sub items under Area 1, then going to the pages Sub1 Sub2 Sub3, the full tree of navigation appears that includes all the sub page areas.

If I go to Area2 I see only:

Area1 Area2

Which means all those sub navigation pages under Area1 are not visible on that page.
I would like the option of seeing all navigation on all pages regardless of hierarchy.

I hope that makes sense!

would be great to have a simple way to embed virtual tours.
could you give me the actual procedure? i can't make it and i find no help..
thanks

@yann-raout

could you give me the actual procedure?

Please see my reply to your query in this forum thread.
Hopefully it will help.

Could we please think about an additional image import option?

I'm just thinking about saving space and labor. To avoid having to make extra copies of a jpeg and then chase it and erase it. A direct path from Lightroom to export a jpeg into Showkase's import module would help. I think that would require a Lightroom plugin!

There is, unfortunately, no drag and drop from Lightroom into another app that I know of, and anyway, until you export, the Lightroom image doesn't really exist in the form you want.

Thanks,

Bob Katz

I'd like to have a save and load presets for Juicebox galleries. Every time I add a new gallery to my site I would like to at least start with the same parameters as the previous gallery, but ideally to open named presets. When I make a new Juicebox page, many of the settings remain the same as the previous, but mysteriously others return to what I assume are defaults.

While we're waiting for this feature, is there a way to alter the default that Juicebox uses each time you make a new page?

Thanks!

@bobkatz

... is there a way to alter the default that Juicebox uses each time you make a new page?

You can set default values for Juicebox galleries at theme level by going to 'Site -> Customize Viewers' and clicking 'Edit' next to 'Juicebox-Pro'. All configuration options set on this page will be used throughout the current theme as default values each time you create a new Juicebox gallery page. (These options can be overridden on individual gallery pages).

Thanks, Steven!

Would it be possible to select a watermark file from the Library rather than supply a path?
Would it be possible to preview the effect of a candidate watermark file on a selected image?

First up; thanks for making some fine software. It's going to make my life easier.

Please could you consider adding in a text area for gallery index pages? I'd love to write descriptions for my gallery categories since each category is quite different, but currently there's nowhere to put it. Thanks!