Topic: Image not appearing

Hi,

I've just installed showkase in my hosting and created a Gallery page and uploaded 6 images to it. Then I published it. But I can't see those images displayed.

I have also installed the Pro versions of Juicebox and SimpleViewer and the images are still not shown.

I've closed the browser (Safari 6.0.5 on Mac OSX 10.8.4) and reopen the page but I still can't see the images.

Can you help?

Re: Image not appearing

Check in your gallery page's 'Images' tab to make sure that the images they have been uploaded successfully.
If the images are not displayed on the 'Images' tab, then try uploading them again using a different upload method in the upload module (Flash, Basic or HTML5). This can be changed using the links at the bottom-right of the 'Upload' tab.

Also, it is possible to add images to a gallery via FTP by uploading them directly to the gallery's 'images' folder (the gallery folder will be in the root Showkase folder and the 'images' folder will be inside the gallery folder) and then going to 'Edit (gallery page) -> Advanced (tab) -> Rebuild this Juicebox/SimpleViewer gallery'.

Otherwise, you could try creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro or svBuilder-Pro, uploading it to your web server via FTP and imoprting it into Showkase using the 'Site -> Import' functionality.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven,

I've verified that the images have been uploaded and the page source confirmed it as well. But there seem to be Javascript error every time it loads.

Have a look at this: siskamakeupartist.com.au

I've sent an support email as well. If you reply to that, I can also give you the admin credential to get this thing up and running.

Thanks,
Badai

Nevermind. It is now showing images.

That is after I closed the browser for an hour. Does your code have meta tag making the browser to cache some parts of it?

Badai

Steven,

I dis further tests and found that the images do not appear when the connection is only 1.85 Mbps (download speed 0.23 MB/s). The image appears when the connection speed is 5.06 Mbps (download speed 0.62 MB/s).

I use ozspeedtest(dot)com to test the speed. The modems are both iPhones via usb.

Based on this I think the javascript does not load or execute quickly enough for the embedded code to execute successfully.

Please help.

Badai

Does your code have meta tag making the browser to cache some parts of it?

By default, all browsers cache web pages unless otherwise specified (by the browser settings or the web page).
Showkase pages do not inlcude any code to influence the browser's decision as to whether or not the pages should be cached.
If you make any changes to your web page whilst your browser is still open, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading your web page to see the changes you have made.

Browsers usually do not cache between sessions (the opening and closing of a browser window being a session) so users who view your web site are unlikely to experience any caching issues. Each time they open a browser to view your web site, the browser should fetch the most recent files from your web server.

The modems are both iPhones via usb.

Are you using a 3G connection? If so, please see this FAQ:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

A solution to this problem would be to create an .htaccess file containing the following code and upload it to your website's root directory. (Please note that this requires an Apache web server.)

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-transform"
</IfModule>

This should prevent content modification on your site when visitors view your galleries over a 3G connection.

You could also contact your 3G provider to see if it is possible for content modification to be turned off on your account (although this will help only when you view other people's galleries and will not solve the problem of other people viewing your own galleries over their own 3G connections, which the solution above tackles).

If this is not the problem and your gallery still does not display, then it is possible that the browser is timing out whilst fetching the gallery files from your web server. Try contacting your web host to see if they can increase the connection time out limit.

Thanks!!

This works on the first go.