Topic: Reducing Gallery Height

luminuance.com/home-2/

When I view page source, both gallery height and width are at 100%.

I would like to reduce the height of the gallery (to say 60%) so that the quote below the gallery can be seen without the viewer having to manually scroll down.

In JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, there are options (under the "Lite" section) to adjust gallery width and height. There doesn't seem to be a similar option when configuring galleries under the Showcase admin pages.

I've played around with the external fit and internal fit px but it doesn't seem to make any difference either.

Can you help? Thanks!

Re: Reducing Gallery Height

Go to 'Site -> Customize Theme' and enter a negative value for the 'External fit px' text field in the 'Gallery and image fitting' section (such as '-200'). Then click 'Update' and 'Publish'. Your gallery's height should reduce by the number of pixels specified.

I looked at the source code for your page and it seems that your template may be out of date. This may be why the gallery fitting is not working.

Backup your old _themes folder and replace it with the latest one.

Set the Max Image Width and Max Image Height parameters in the Gallery and Image Fitting section of Customize Theme for your typical photo format, eg 960 and 450.

See how this works and then try Steven's suggestion.

jack

Jack, Steven,

Thanks very much - I can see the changes now when I adjust the Max Image sizes and Gallery Fitting settings.

Is there any way I can have different sizes / settings for different pages? I'd like to have a smaller size for the Home-2 page, and a full-screen size for the Galleries. Would that be possible?

Thanks again!

The setting within Showkase is a global setting and applies to all pages within the theme.
You could, however, modify the generated pages individually. For example, if you had a Juicebox Gallery Page named 'Gallery', then you would edit the 'showkase/gallery/index.html' file.

Thanks Steven,

I seem to have been able to get what I need by using baseUrl embedding method on a basic page. Thanks!

cheers,
tim