Topic: Difference between browsers

Hello,

I was wondering how I can fix the difference in the way my galleries appear between browsers (Firefox and Chrome). My website's URL is www.rayshiuimages.com

I would like my galleries to display as it does in Firefox (main image with the thumbnail grid on the bottom). On Chrome, the main image does not show up but the thumbnail grid does. When I click a thumbnail, it will show the image in the "main" window but then the thumbnail grid disappears.

Please advise on how I can fix this. Thanks...

Re: Difference between browsers

Your galleries are SimpleViewer (Flash) galleries and, unfortunately, many browsers have started blocking Flash content by default. What you are seeing in Chrome is the Mobile Player (HTML fallback) version of SimpleViewer.
You can re-enable Flash in your own Chrome browser but, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to ensure that visitors to your web site see the Flash Version of your galleries (as their own browsers may also be blocking Flash).

Please see this forum post where I've written much more about the subject (and how to re-enable Flash in Chrome).

With the demise of Flash imminent, I would recommend changing your galleries over to Juicebox. Again, there is more information (and further links) about Juicebox in the forum post.

If you'd like to swap a gallery over from SimpleViewer to Juicebox in Showkase, just edit the gallery page in question, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Change' button next to 'Juicebox Page'.

Please note that as Juicebox was written from the ground up for a different platform than SimpleViewer (HTML5 vs Flash), Juicebox and SimpleViewer share similar but not identical feature sets. As such, it may not be possible to exactly match a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery using Juicebox-Pro, although you should certainly be able to get close (and Juicebox galleries, being HTML 5, will be immune from all the problems that are currently affecting Flash).

I hope this helps to clarify things.