Topic: Import blank screen - gallery not showing in Pages tab [SOLVED]

I upload a gallery, scan for it in the Import tab and then click Import. After about a minute of it saying "Waiting for renaldi.com" in the lower left corner of the browser (Chrome) the screen goes blank. However a gallery is produced and can be accessed directly via the URL, see below.

I ran into this once in the past and was able to correct the issue by reinstalling Showkase. Ive just reinstalled Showkase again and the problem persists. Im wondering if there isnt an underlying file transfer limit or FTP issue causing the page to timeout (though it never says Page Timed Out)...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Ryan

Re: Import blank screen - gallery not showing in Pages tab [SOLVED]

It certainly sounds like a server or PHP related issue although it seems strange that you are left with blank page (with no error messages) and a working gallery. It sounds like the script is stopping short of completing the import (perhaps due to a script timeout) and, although the gallery is created, the entry is not written to the page records.

Does it happen with every gallery you import?
How many images are in the gallery you are importing?
Try importing a small gallery (with just 2 or 3 images) to see if it happens with this.

If it seems to happen only with large galleries, then you could perhaps try increasing your PHP max_execution_time directive (for the set_time_limit() function) to see if this helps. The default value is 30 (seconds) but try a value such as 300 (which is what Showkase attempts to use internally for certain functions, such as publishing, if max_execution_time is set to a lower value in the PHP settings). Increasing the max_execution_time in your PHP settings might help.

You should be able to check your PHP settings using phpinfo() as follows:

• Create a new file in a plain text editor with the following code: <?php phpinfo(); ?>

• Save the file with a .php file extension (for example, 'phpinfo.php').

• Upload the file to your web server and open it in a browser.

You should be able to change PHP values using a php.ini file, via an .htaccess file or via your web hosting online Control Panel.
If you have trouble changing any PHP values, your web host should be able to help you out.

Hopefully increasing max_execution_time will solve your problem.
However, if this does not help, then please let me know and I'll try to help further. Thank you.

Edit:
Incidentally, if you are not already using the latest version of Showkase, you might like to try upgrading to v1.6.1.
Instructions can be found on the Upgrading Showkase support page.

Hi Steven,
Thanks!! Upping the php max_execution_time with my host definitely did the trick. For anyone withthis same issue these are my adjusted my settings:

memory_limit = 128M
upload_max_filesize = 100M
post_max_size = 105M
max_execution_time = 500
max_input_time = 500

Thanks again,
Ryan

You're welcome!
I'm glad that solved your problem.
Thank you for letting me know.