Topic: Add separator between menu items?

I'd like to add a separator between menu items in the Kosel theme.  If I name a gallery that includes a space in its name, it's hard to tell that it's one gallery rather than two.  In the old HTML days, I would just add a right border to each menu item via css, but not add the border to the last item.

I found the classes here:

li class="sk-type-simpleviewer sk-page-2 sk-group sk-group-4 sk-last active"

However, your customization doc says that these classes cannot be modified because they are generated.  Is there some other way I can get a separator between the items?

Regards, Jim

Re: Add separator between menu items?

You could edit the generated HTML pages themselves to include a separator between the links. Such modifications would be lost if updating the pages via Showkase but if you do not have too many pages and do not plan to update existing pages too often, this may be a suitable workaround.

You can add your own css in the custom.css file (see http://showkase.net/support/customize/#custom).

So something like nav li should target all your list items and nav li.sk-last should pick-up the last ones.

If you hit any problems then Firebug is your friend or come back here if you need more specific help.

jack

Thanks!  Adding this to custom.css did what I want:

/* Separator for horizontal menu items */
nav li {
    padding-right: 12px;
    border-right-width: 2px;
    border-right-style: solid;
    border-right-color: gray;
}

/* No separator after the last item */
nav li.sk-last {