Topic: New pages not taking folder name from page name

When I create a new gallery (or any type of page) they are automatically assigned a name, like "Gallery" or "Gallery 2" — recently, even after changing their page titles both on the page list and in the page details, the folder name (URL) will not change. This is resulting in links like:

engelphotographic.com/galleries  (index page title is Commercial Projects)

and

engelphotographic.com/gallery-2  (gallery page title is Saint Patrick Malvern)

This seems to be a new issue for me, as my old pages all have custom names that work fine (as you can see in the top nav).

Does anyone know what is causing this or how I can fix it?

Thank you,
Jake

Re: New pages not taking folder name from page name

— recently, even after changing their page titles both on the page list and in the page details, the folder name (URL) will not change.

Just to clarify, in the current version of Showkase (v1.6.1), the folder name is taken from the page name on the 'Pages' tab (shown in the tree) rather than the 'Page title' in the page settings.

I have just double-checked this functionality in a Showkase-Pro v1.6.1 site of my own and everything seems to work as expected. I am unable to replicate the problem you reported.

I do not know why your folder names are not changing to reflect your page names but here are a few things to check and try.

(1) You say the problem seems to have started recently. If you have not made any changes yourself (other than to your Showkase pages), then perhaps your web host has changed something on your server or web hosting account that is somehow contributing to your problem.
Please try installing and running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to check that your server has all the features Showkase needs. If any of the tests fail, there are troubleshooting tips on the test's support page (link above).
Even if you ran the test before installing Showkase, please try again in case your web host has made any changes recently.

(2) Try going to 'System -> Repairs' and clicking the 'Repair' button to rebuild the page records. This might help.

(3) The problem could possibly be related to permissions. Try going to 'System -> Files' and click the 'make writeable' next to the folders in question.

(4) I notice that the pages you referred to in your post above are not represented in the navigation menu. Are they hidden or is this part of the problem? Try moving the pages in the tree on the 'Pages' tab to a different location (just temporarily), click 'Save' and 'Publish' and then move them back to where you want them to be (and, again, click 'Save' and 'Publish').

(5) After changing a page name (on the 'Pages' tab) is there a new folder with the new name as well as the old folder?

(6) Does the functionality of Showkase still seem to work OK (even though the folder name is not changing on your server)? If you make any changes to one of the Showkase pages whose folder names do not change, are the changes applied successfully?

Maybe the suggestions in #1, #2, #3 and #4 above will help.
Otherwise, the additional information from #5 and #6 might at least point us in the right direction.