Topic: Couple of Questions before I purchase? [SOLVED]

If I purchase Showkase standard will I be limited to a maximum number of images per gallery?

Does Showkase have the ability to password protect subfolders/galleries or albums?

Can I update galleries with new images on the fly?

Re: Couple of Questions before I purchase? [SOLVED]

If I purchase Showkase standard will I be limited to a maximum number of images per gallery?

Showkase Standard comes bundled with Juicebox-Lite and SimpleViewer-Standard, the free versions of the image viewers, both of which have a limit of 50 images per gallery.
Showkase Pro comes bundled with Juicebox-Pro and SimpleViewer-Pro, neither of which have an image limit.
The third gallery type, ListViewer (unique to Showkase) has no image limit in either Showkase Standard or Showkase Pro.
Here is a demo ListViewer gallery.
Please note that you could purchase Showkase Standard and, at a later date, purchase a Pro viewer and integrate it into Showkase by following the instructions here.

Does Showkase have the ability to password protect subfolders/galleries or albums?

Showkase does not feature password protection functionality. However, each page within a Showkase site has its own subdirectory. For example, if you create a page named 'Test Page', then a subdirectory named 'test-page' is created in your root Showkase directory. You could password-protect specific directories on your web server using .htaccess and .htpasswd files. Instructions can be found here.
Also, Juicebox-Pro (but not Juicebox-Lite) has the ability to password protect galleries (since v1.5.0).
Here is a demo password protected Juicebox-Pro gallery. (The password is 'juicebox'.)

Can I update galleries with new images on the fly?

This can be done if you use a Flickr account as a source of images for a Juicebox or SimpleViewer gallery. (No need for Pro viewers.) You can upload new images to your Flickr account and they will automatically be included in the Juicebox or SimpleViewer gallery.
It cannot be done for a gallery displaying local images (it is not possible to just upload an image to a directory via FTP and have it become part of an existing gallery) but it is very quick and easy to add images to an existing gallery using the Showkase interface.
Just edit the Showkase page containing the gallery, go to the 'Upload' tab, upload the new images and re-publish your site.
It should take only a couple of minutes from start to finish.

Thank you for answering those questions for me.

You're welcome.