1 (edited by mrjw34 2016-07-19 04:13:45)

Topic: Duplication Showkase settings

I've created a new folder on my domain and setup a new instance of Showkase. It's all working etc. but is there a way to duplicate all the various settings I've created in my main use of Showkase to this new one? Going through all the various prefs would be incredibly painful!

What files would I need to copy?

Also, I've copied over my custom versions of Jukebox into admin and _viewers in the new folder. But overtime I publish, Jukebox reverts to the non-pro version and throws out my customization. What can I do about this?

*OK, I figured out the Jukebox issue. (Seems like after I post an issue I eventually figure  out my problem!)

*OK, I think the Showkase question was answered as well!

Re: Duplication Showkase settings

It sounds like you've found what you were looking for.
Thank you for editing your post to let me know.

I expect that much of what your were looking to duplicate would be found in the _data folder.
For example, gallery settings for individual themes are stored in files such as:

showkase/_data/themedata/kosel/juicebox.xml

The _data folder is not part of the Showkase package. It is created when the gallery is setup. As such, it will not be overwritten if/when you upgrade Showkase.

Please check out this forum post for more detailed instructions for copying settings from one Showkase site to another.