Topic: Facebook link [SOLVED]

I have several pages set-up in Showkase with Juicebox galleries. Some work as I would expect when the Facebook link is tapped. However, when the Facebook link is selected on others there is a message that always says "Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later".

Also there appears to be no definitive pattern as to which picture shows when the Facebook link does show one. Most times, it is the index picture. Some times, it is not. 

Is there something I may not have set properly?

Re: Facebook link [SOLVED]

However, when the Facebook link is selected on others there is a message that always says "Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later".

Having Googled the error message, the two most likely causes seem to be:
(1) It may be a temporary Facebook database or server issue which should hopefully resolve itself soon.
(2) It is a browser cache issue which can be solved by completely clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

If the problem is #1, then there is little you can do but wait until Facebook resolve the issue.
However, if the issue is #2, then completely clearing your browser's cache and cookies (or trying a different browser) should hopefully help.

Also there appears to be no definitive pattern as to which picture shows when the Facebook link does show one. Most times, it is the index picture. Some times, it is not.

Try running your gallery page URLs through the Facebook Sharing Debugger: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
You could try also try their Open Graph Object Debugger, too: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object

This should refresh Facebook's cache of your web pages, including Open Graph tags (although it may not be instant).

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URLs to your gallery pages so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

It doesn't seem to be a browser cache issue because it happens on multiple devices I've tried it on. Even though, I did try using the Facebook links you suggested but with no success.

Please look at http://djphoto.com/people/ and try using the Facebook link to see if you see something differently. In this one particular gallery I do not see the Facebook link ever working. Thanks!

Thank you for the link to your gallery.

I initially tried the Facebook share button in your gallery and saw the error your reported (which, incidentally, I have never seen before, hence my web search for the error message).

I then tried running your web page's URL through the Facebook Sharing Debugger (link above).
This failed to work at all and Facebook just returned a completely blank page (instead of the usual debugging information).
I then tried again, explicitly adding 'index.html' to your web page's URL and, this time, Facebook reported that your 'og:image' could not be used because it exceeded the maximum file size of 8MB (even though it is only 206KB).
I then tried again (one more time for luck, I guess) and it seemed to work. It looks like Facebook now have a working cache of your web page and hopefully your problem has been cleared.

I cannot explain why the Facebook sharing did not initially work for your gallery. There should be no need to plug your gallery's URL into the Facebook Sharing Debugger three times (with a different result each time) but hopefully things are now running as they should.

Wow, very strange how this all came together but I certainly appreciate your diligence. I just tested on my end and sure enough - all is good now!

Thanks for your help!

I just tested on my end and sure enough - all is good now!

That's great to hear! Thank you for confirming.

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome!