Topic: Logo position

Hi again!
And one more question about Maribo theme.
Can i change my website logo position? For example, i want to place logo on the top of my site, and below the logo will me navigation links.
Thanks!

Re: Logo position

If you are using the site heading for your logo, you should be able to swap the position of the navigation menu and the site heading by editing the 'showkase/_themes/maribo/pagetypes/theme.tpl' file.

Open the file in a plain text editor and move lines 153-155 inclusive:

<nav  id="nav" class="header-nav-items hidden-nav">
{$ss_navLinks}
        </nav>

... to just above the closing {/block} tag at the end of the file.

You might find that you need to tweak the margin and/or padding of the navigation menu after you have moved it. If necessary, you can do this with CSS in the 'showkase/_themes/maribo/css/custom.css' file. For example, if you wanted to add a little space between the site heading and the navigation menu, you could add the following code to the CSS file:

#nav {
    margin-top: 20px;
}

Please note that Showkase was not designed with this layout in mind and modifying source files may result in unforeseen side effects.
The line numbers above refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.4.1).

I hope this helps.

Perfect, thanks, it works!
And can i move site logo to the left side of navigation links? I think it will be mostly perfect variant for me.

And i was trying different logo sizes, if i try size about 256px wide or smaller - it looks poor quality (upscaled), if i try 400px or more - it looks ok quality, but too big size. If i will upload big size (400px) logo, can Showcase downscale it, fop optimal view (browser or mobile version)?

Perfect, thanks, it works!

You're welcome. I'm glad it works.

And can i move site logo to the left side of navigation links? I think it will be mostly perfect variant for me.

This would require quite a lot of CSS modifications to achieve and it may interfere with the width breakpoints and the mobile menu.
If you want the site heading and navigation menu to occupy the same horizontal space, then I would recommend using the Kosel theme. Your logo and menu would not be right next to each other but they would be on the same level and this would not require any manual modifications or source code edits.

If i will upload big size (400px) logo, can Showcase downscale it, fop optimal view (browser or mobile version)?

If you were to use the Kosel theme, you could use a library image as your logo ('Site -> Customize Theme -> Site Header -> Site logo image URL') and then set its maximum display width ('Site -> Customize Theme -> Site Header -> Logo max width px'). (This option is not available in the Maribo theme.)
It sounds like the Kosel theme might be more suitable for your needs (at least for the logo and menu placement and the logo sizing).

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

This would require quite a lot of CSS modifications to achieve and it may interfere with the width breakpoints and the mobile menu.
If you want the site heading and navigation menu to occupy the same horizontal space, then I would recommend using the Kosel theme.

Sad to hear that. I like Maribo theme much more than Kosel for a many reasons. Maybe is it possible to add my wishes to "Feature request"?

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

If you were to use the Kosel theme, you could use a library image as your logo ('Site -> Customize Theme -> Site Header -> Site logo image URL') and then set its maximum display width ('Site -> Customize Theme -> Site Header -> Logo max width px'). (This option is not available in the Maribo theme.)

I don't undestand, what should i do, to make my logo looking good without changing theme to Kosel? I want to keep Maribo theme, but small logo looks poor-upscaled, big logo looks to big :) The perfect solution sounds to make option to downscale logo...

Maybe is it possible to add my wishes to "Feature request"?

Certainly. Please post suggestions for future versions in the Feature Requests thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.

... what should i do, to make my logo looking good without changing theme to Kosel?

Try the following:
(1) Upload a large image to your Showkase Library and use this as your 'Site -> Site Header -> Site logo image URL'.
(2) Add the following to your 'showkase/_themes/maribo/css/custom.css' file (changing the maximum width value if necessary):

.hgroup img {
    max-width: 20%;
}