Topic: Back button, cannot remove

I'm starting a new topic because a back button has suddenly reappeared and I cannot remove it. It also has a bad link. At some point I had created a back button called "home". At bobsgallery.digido.com you can see this "home" button.

Perhaps I should bite the bullet and just create a new gallery from scratch within Showkase. But since the back button function is only available as a viewer customization I'm wondering if this is just a generic problem with the imported Juicebox Pro Gallery I brought in from Lightroom. I tried changing the viewer to list viewer and then back to Juicebox Pro but this did not help. The "Home button is still there.

Sorry...

Re: Back button, cannot remove

I got rid of the stubborn back button by making a new page in Showkase directly and importing images directly in Showkase. I'm good with this approach! Except I have to manually enter the captions where previously they were entered from the metadata in Lightroom.

As I noted in another one of your threads, I suspect that what you were seeing might have been due to caching of some kind (server or browser).

A Back Button will not be displayed in a Juicebox gallery unless Back Button settings are used and if you remove the Back Button options, the Back Button should no longer be displayed. If, after removing all Back Button options, you still see a Back Button, then this is likely to be due to a cached version of your gallery's XML file being used.

Sorry, Steven, my bad! I did make the mistake of not clearing the browser cache. Will this also clear the cached xml file?

Yes. If you still see an older version of your gallery after completely clearing your browser's cache, then the problem is likely to be with server-side caching (your server may be serving older versions of your gallery files).