Topic: gallery chopped off at botttom

My Simple Viewer galleries are chopped off at the bottom and adjusting the simple viewer image area height setting in the fixed layout section doesn't seem to help.

I just can't figure it out?

Re: gallery chopped off at botttom

Please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem and hopefully help.
The problem may be to do with SimpleViewer or Showkase but without being able to see the problem, I do not know.

In a Showkase site where the size of the gallery is dynamic (depending on the size of the user's browser window), it might be wise to not use a Fixed Layout. Please try this to see if it helps.

Depending on the layout of your SimpleViewer gallery, you might also need to set floatCaption="FALSE" (in the 'Caption' section) to ensure that the height of the caption area is taken into account in your gallery's layout.

Also, you could try editing your SimpleViewer gallery page in Showkase, scrolling down to the 'Override Theme Settings' section and entering a positive number for 'External fit px' to increase the height of your gallery on your page. (Be sure to click 'Update' and 'Publish' afterwards.)

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help but, if not, please let me know the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

The forum wouldn't let me post a link. It shouldn't be this difficult! The galleries work fine until I try to use them on a ShowKase page.

I Tried setting float caption to false and the External fit px to 300 with no difference at all. I am not that interested in a dynamic gallery. My client wants something she can update herself and something that works on a mobile device. I need the ShowKase pages to look somewhat like the old pages and I don't know how to do that without a fixed layout. Thanks for looking into this.

The forum wouldn't let me post a link.

The forum has anti-spam measures in place which prevent new forum members from posting links in their first few posts. Apologies for the inconvenience.
If you try again, you should hopefully be able to post links now. If not, you can just disguise a link as follows: example dot com slash index.html

Showkase creates responsive pages by design and if you are currently using a Fixed Layout for your SimpleViewer-Pro gallery, then the height of the gallery (determined by Showkase depending on the size of the browser window) may not be large enough to accommodate the fixed height of your gallery.

Turning off the Fixed Layout (if you are currently using one) should solve your problem.

... and the External fit px to 300 with no difference at all.

Changing the 'External fit px' should certainly make a difference.
Normally, when you open a Gallery Page within a Showkase site, the bottom of the gallery rests on the bottom of the browser window (and the user would scroll down vertically to see the page's footer below the gallery).
If you were to increase the 'External fit px', then the gallery's height should be increased by the specified amount (and the user would have to scroll down vertically to see the bottom of the gallery). Increasing the 'External fit px' increases the height of the gallery.
Likewise, if you use a negative value for the 'External fit px', then the height of the gallery will be reduced.
If you do not see a difference when setting a value for 'External fit px', then please try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your Gallery Page and try a 'before' and 'after' comparison.

Please note that even if you increase the 'External fit px', the height of the gallery will essentially be (Browser Window Height + Specified External fit px) and if the browser window height is small, then the actual gallery height still may not be large enough to accommodate a Fixed Layout.

I need the ShowKase pages to look somewhat like the old pages and I don't know how to do that without a fixed layout.

If you let me know exactly what layout you are trying to achieve, I might be able to help.

Thanks for all that. I decided to take your advice and turn off the fixed layout. It solved the chopped bottom problem and with a little fiddling I got a gallery to look pretty much like the fixed layout pages. The original pages which I am trying to convert to ShowKase are at robertapyxsutherland dot com/work. I have changed the layout in the ShowKase version to have larger thumbs on top with the caption between them and the image. You can see my dynamic layout at robertapyxsutherland dot com/work/game-plans/

I still need to make the caption area big enough for three lines of text. Other than that it looks ok to me.
Is there any way to make the gallery lower on the page? In the original version I have another nav bar at the top of the page but I can't figure out if it is possible to do this with ShowKase templates. It might be too complicated for me to achieve.

I really appreciate your response and help.

I still need to make the caption area big enough for three lines of text.

Try increasing the captionHeight (in the 'Caption' section) from its current value to 40 to something large enough to accommodate your three lines of text. (The default value for captionHeight is 120.)
This should hopefully solve your problem.

Is there any way to make the gallery lower on the page?

You could push your SimpleViewer galleries down SimpleViewer Gallery Pages by editing the '_themes/base/pagetypes/simpleviewer.tpl' file in a plain text editor and adding a few HTML line breaks <br /> at the start of the {block "content"} section. Alternatively, you could add custom content instead of using <br /> tags.
Please note that this will apply to all SimpleViewer Gallery Pages within your Showkase site.
Also, after pushing the galleries down your pages, you might want to decrease the height of the galleries (so that users do not need to scroll down the pages to see the bottom of the galleries). You can do this in the Showkase interface by editing a SimpleViewer Gallery Page, scrolling down to the 'Override Theme Settings' section and entering a negative number (such as -200) for 'External fit px'. (Then click 'Update' and 'Publish').