Topic: Showkase Gallerie Import

Dear Steven,

Im trying to clean up my server and therfore just want to ask the recommended sequence how to deal with different folders on the web server.

Last time i created several foto galleries locally on my pc with Juicebox and transferred them manually via FTP Filezilla to the server.

I was installing showkase later on but nevertheless i realized that showkase created another time during the the import/scan process it´s own gallerie folders. I don´t expect that this doubled gallerie folders are necessary to remain on the server.

Now i just ask myself if this would be the normal way or most comfortable way to handle the galleries at all or if i do something in a wrong order by transferring galleries manually.

In which sequence or order you would recommend to import galleries in showkase and/or the server to use as less webspace as possible?

br
ernst

Re: Showkase Gallerie Import

I don´t expect that this doubled gallerie folders are necessary to remain on the server.

That is correct. If you choose to create your galleries with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and import them into Showkase, then you can safely delete the gallery folders from your server after the import process.

Now i just ask myself if this would be the normal way or most comfortable way to handle the galleries at all or if i do something in a wrong order by transferring galleries manually.

The gallery folders do have to initially be uploaded to your web server in order to be imported into Showkase so you are not doing anything wrong.
Just upload the gallery folder, import the gallery and then delete the gallery folder after the import process. After importing, Showkase will use its own copied version of the gallery (within the Showkase directory) and the gallery folder you uploaded to import into Showkase will become redundant.
(If you would rather use JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to create your galleries than create your galleries within the Showkase interface, then I would recommend keeping a copy of your gallery folder on your computer so that you can edit the gallery with JuicboxBuilder-Pro in the future if necessary.)