Topic: Slow page loading after latest update

Since updating to newest version of Showkase, my website djphoto.com is loading in browsers very slowly. I have not made any changes to picture sizes, turned on any new features or anything else. I just uploaded new version and republished. I don't think this is a server issue because this has been going on for days and other sites I visit load fine.

Any idea what is going on or what I can do to correct?

Re: Slow page loading after latest update

As far as I am aware, there have been no changes to the latest version of Showkase which would result in a site slowing down.
It might be an idea to check with your web host, just to see if they have been experiencing any issues or have made any changes recently which might be contributing to your problem.
Your web site seems to be loading and respoding quite quickly when I view it myself.
If you let me know of a particular page or gallery which loads slowly (and let me know how long it takes for the page to be fully rendered in your browser), I can test it myself and report back with my own findings for comparison.
Also, for Juicebox gallery pages, you might like to try setting imagePreloading="NEXT" (rather than using the default value of PAGE) so that fewer images are initially preloaded when a gallery is first displayed. This should speed up the initial loading of gallery pages slightly.