1 (edited by dtaylor2 2014-08-01 13:39:32)

Topic: Does "repair site" fix path errors in Update/Publish?

I made a site, then moved it to a different directory with different name.  Domain name transfer required resetting all the internal addressing code to use the domain name address, rather than the server machine address.  All working fine, until I go into admin to edit and publish.  When I do, the index.html file in the folder named for the site with hyphens, inserts an extra element in all the paths on that page (it's the folder that the site was housed in before moving)  Without going into detail here, I'd like to know whether I can expect that the "Repair Site" option in admin is likely to fix this glitch.  Not inclined to rebuild the entire site if there's danger that the site, now online, would be trashed, requiring a complete reinstall, and a day or two offline.
Has your use of "Repair" worked for this sort of problem?  Thanks for any input.  (I suppose I need to set up a local Wamp server on my home machine, or some such to be able to test changes to the site out of the public eye.)

It seems to me that this could be fixed by simply editing the paths contained in showkaseconfig.ini   Correct?

Re: Does "repair site" fix path errors in Update/Publish?

First of all, before trying anything at all, please make a complete backup of your Showkase site in case anything goes wrong and you have to reinstate your files at a later date. As the Showkase site is completely self-contained within the Showkase folder (and Showkase does not use any database entries), it means that if you try something and it does not work, you can simply delete the Showkase folder from your web server, reinstate the original Showkase folder from your backup copy and then try something different.

The first thing I would try is to login to your Showkase admin and run 'System -> Setup' (as suggested in the Changing Your Installation Directory support section).
If this does not work, then try 'System -> Repairs'. This has helped at least one user that I know of whose Showkase site address changed and where 'System -> Setup' did not help.
If neither of the above suggestions work, then I would certainly try manually editing the paths in the '_showkase/showkaseconfig.ini' file (although hopefully this will not be necessary).