Topic: Unable to install Showkase

I moved my website to a new host. I tried to upload the folder that was downloaded to my computer when I first purchased it, used the URL mywebsite.com/showkase/admin got the page with the button to setup and the only thing I get back was this message "No action. Re-submission or remote submission is not allowed." I tried changing the name of the folder, so I could have a new URL and even bought again so I would be sure I had a fresh version. Help, please?

Re: Unable to install Showkase

You can always download a fresh copy of Showkase (for example when a new version is released or if you lose your Showkase zip file) using the download link from your purchase email.
The only reason to purchase a second copy of Showkase would be if you plan to install Showkase on two separate domains.
As you are using Showkase only on one domain, please email me your transaction details (from your purchase emails) and I will pass on the information to the correct department who will be able to refund you for your second purchase.

As you were able to install Showkase on your original web server (before the move) but cannot install it (using the same files) on your new web server, the problem is certainly likely to be related to your new web server (possibly a PHP configuration setting that has been disabled by your host).
If you were to allow me FTP access to your web server, I would be able to investigate further and hopefully determine the cause of your problem.
If you are agreeable to this, please email me back with your FTP login details (host name, username and password).
Thank you.

(For any other users who are reading this forum thread and are unable to install Showkase, the first thing to try would be to install and run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to check that the web server has the basic functionality required by Showkase.)

Edit:
If you create a file called 'phpinfo.php' with the following code:

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>

... upload it to the root directory of your web space and let me know when you have done this, I can take a look at the output of the file (just by opening the file from your web server in a browser) and it might be enough to determine the cause of the problem.

[Original post moved to new forum thread.]

Re: Unable to install Showkase

Problem resolved via email. Web server was trying to store session variables into a directory which did not exist.