Topic: Space at side of embedded Juicebox gallery [SOLVED]

I have a white space (or whichever colour i choose in Site>Customize theme>Custom Palette>Background) that I don't want to have on my website. I tried to edit the gallery size, the iframe size and have checked all padding.

This is not the gallery background colour, rather a page background colour.
The gallery is embedded using iframe and if I adjust the iframe width it just pushes the gallery to the right with even more extra space.

It didn't used to be there using Juicebox with SVmanager, but when I changed to Showkase I it appeared and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Is there a way to make this background invisible?

cheers

Re: Space at side of embedded Juicebox gallery [SOLVED]

Rather than load the gallery into an iframe within a Showkase page, you could import the gallery into Showkase (and give the gallery its own Showkase page) by using the 'Site -> Import' functionality. This would allow you to manage the gallery within the Showkase interface and should also hopefully solve your problem with the space on your web page.

If this does not help (or you do not want to import the gallery), then please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look and help further.

Hi, thanks for your quick response.

I'm not sure I understand how the import feature would work in this situation. I'm happy to try it if it will work... Here's the web page coromandelflavour.co.nz/browse.html

My client does use the Showkase interface to upload the images to the site (the reason we're using Showkase)

thanks

Thank you for providing the URL to your web page.
I see what you are doing now (loading a Juicebox gallery created by Showkase into an iframe in a non-Showkase page).
I thought that you were loading a Juicebox gallery created outside of Showkase into an iframe on a 'Basic' Showkase page.
In this case, importing the gallery would not be possible (or a solution).

The problem seems to be that your iframe has dimensions of 750 x 490 but that your gallery has dimensions of 730 x 490 (resulting in the space that you report). Try setting your gallery's dimensions to be the same as your iframe's dimensions or set your gallery's dimensions to 100% x 100% so that the gallery fills the iframe no matter what size it is.

Sorry for being a bit dumb here, but where do I change the gallery dimensions?  Is this under Customize theme>site layout> max site width...? When I set this to 750 it doesn't seem to make any difference

thanks

It looks like your gallery might have been given fixed dimensions before it became part of a svManager or Showkase management system.

Here are a few things to try:

Make sure that you are using Showkase's 'Gallery Manager' theme ('Site -> Change Theme -> Gallery Manager') which displays galleries at 100% x 100% (filling the entire browser window, or in your case, your iframe).
If you are already using this theme, then try changing the theme to something different ('Boma' or 'Kosel') and then change it back to 'Gallery Manager'.

Now that your 'g2' gallery is part of Showkase, you could try rebuilding the gallery (edit the Juicebox Gallery page and go to 'Advanced -> Rebuild this Juicebox gallery').

Although the 'g2' gallery is already part of Showkase, it looks to have been originally part of svManager and became part of Showkase during the upgrade.
You could try importing the gallery into Showkase using the 'Site -> Import' functionality (to create a new Showkase page from the gallery) and then load this new page into your 'iframe'.

If none of the above automated suggestions work, then try opening your http://coromandelflavour.co.nz/showkase/g2/index.html page directly in a plain text editor and manually change the gallery width and height both to 100%.

A further solution (though not as clean as simply setting your gallery's dimensions to 100% x 100%) would be to add the following code to your 'showkase/_themes/manager/css/custom.css' file:

body.type-juicebox {
    margin: 0 !important;
}

... to ensure that the margin on your page (visible when viewing http://coromandelflavour.co.nz/showkase/g2/index.html) is not displayed within the iframe.

One of these suggestions should hopfully solve your problem.

Thank you so much Steven!

I managed to fix it easily opening the ...showkase/g2/index.html as suggested and adjusting it to 100%. I could see that it was set to 730px there. You were right, I did import this gallery from SVManager which had carried that size over during the import.