Topic: Captions disappearing

When I move to the next picture in a gallery, the caption isn't shown again for that next picture. When I expand the gallery, the caption appears again. In this way, when I autoplay a gallery, the captions are never shown. Does anyone else had this experience and has a solution for it ?  Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Re: Captions disappearing

If your gallery is a Juicebox-Pro gallery, then please ensure that you are using the most recent version (v1.3.3).
It sounds like you might be using an older version of Juicebox-Pro.
There was a bug in a previous version of Juicebox-Pro whereby captions disappeared when the Image Scale Mode was CROSS_FADE the Caption Position was either BOTTOM or BELOW_THUMBS.
This bug was fixed in Juicebox-Pro v1.3.2. Please see the Juicebox Version History for details.

If necessary, instructions for getting the latest version of Juicebox-Pro can be found here.
Instructions for 'Installing a Pro Viewer' within Showkase can be found here.

It this does not help, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can investigate further.

Hello Steven,

I use Juicebox-Pro v1.3.3, the Image Transition Type = Slide and the Image scale mode = Scale down.

Hereby a link to the affected Gallery : knoerifast.be/pic-of-the-day-2013
Only the first 5 pictures have captions, because I stopped inputting them when I discovered the problem.

Thanks already for the response.

Problem solved : I changed the caption position to Below_Image and now it works a desired.

I'm glad you have been able to find a workaround to your problem.

I have taken a look at your gallery and the problem is caused by the combination of the following two configuration options:

captionPosition="BELOW_IMAGE"
showImageOverlay="NEVER"

This is a known bug but it has already been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox.
As you have discovered, in the meantime, the workaround would be to avoid this combination of options and to use a different value for either captionPosition or showImageOverlay.